The Procurement function was dealing with a continuously growing demand and emergency requests with the business growing at a dramatic pace. The client identified the need to develop robust policies and processes to support its operations, optimize resources available and source more strategically and efficiently. This was even more critical as the nature of the business required procurement and supply chain practices that help it deal with its geographically scattered client base and diverse client requirements. The client engaged Procurement Plus to assess its procurement and supply chain needs and develop policies and processes that suit its maturity level and operational requirements.
What we did
Procurement Plus supported the client with the development of new procurement policies and processes that were tailored to meet the client’s business requirements. Specifically our work included:
– Conduct an assessment of the client’s procurement and supply chain capabilities and operational needs
– Assess the client’s existing practices
– Design and documented optimized procurement and supply chain policies and processes
– Incorporated cross-functional requirements in procurement and supply chain practices (e.g. Finance, Operations)
– Developed a suite of procurement templates – RFP, RFQ, PQQ, EOI, evaluation models, sourcing strategy models etc.
– Training delivery to the procurement and supply chain team and end-user champions
– Development of procurement and supply chain delegation of authority
– New improved processes were designed and communicated to the wider business
– Procurement and supply chain policies were put in place for a better management of demand
– Increase in the profile and understanding of the procurement and supply chain function within the business and better understanding of desired practices
– Improvement of the procurement and supply chain team comfort thanks to wider business adherence to new practices